Photography Mentor Session
If you’ve ever wondered what a mentor session with us looks like, or if you’d want to invest in one, this blog post is for you!
We want to walk you through a recent mentor session with did with the amazing Shayne Center Photography, and give you all the ins and outs! So here we go:
- Shayne booked her session with us, she decided to do an in-person session (we offer both in person and Skype sessions!) while she was on vacation in Maui. (This includes a styled couples session at the end for her to shoot a couple along side us!)
- We send over our mentor questionnaire, basically this lets us get all the details about her business, what’s going well, what she’s wanting to grow and change, and where she needs the most help! Examples of this would be: Business Organization, Workflows , Client Communication, Social Media, Posing Couples, Editing, Attracting Your Ideal Client, Pricing, Marketing, Finding Your Niche, Branding, and more!)
- We build out a full day of education catered specifically to her topics!
- Meet up at our favorite coffee shop, and dive in! We go over the main topics she wanted to grow in, and then also leave time for some Q+A, we’re totally open books when you hire us as mentors! We’ll have all sorts of resources for you to take home as well.
- We go to your styled couples session! We treat this like a regular couples session where we get to know the couple, show you how we connect with them and create a comfortable environment, and you can watch the way we shoot and then you’ll have the whole session to shoot, get amazing work for your portfolio, and ask us questions throughout!
- We finish the day by heading back to a coffee shop (or wine cause why not 🙂 ) and we can talk through the couples session, look at editing, and wrap up the day!
We are firm believers that we should always be learning, and choosing to invest in education for your business will be a total game changer for you! Here is what Shayne had to say after her session:
“I absolutely adored meeting Allie and Taylor. It was such special part of my trip to Maui! Since my mentor session I immediately started taking what I learned and putting it into my business. The day after I got home I bought all my website platforms, started my branding, had a logo designed, and I have gained more than 200 followers in the 3 weeks!
These two are so organized and I was so pleased by how much work they put in to create a session catered around my needs! I loved getting to see what a typical day of shooting is like for them and how they interacted with their clients. My favorite part by far was getting to shoot alongside them on the beach.
If you are considering investing in a mentor session with the Forwards I would highly recommend it. I have never felt so inspired and ready to take on my business more than I did after my session. Not to mention they are the most genuine people!” – Shayne Center Photography
Here are some photos we snapped along side Shayne during her mentor session, and make sure to head over to her website to check out her work too!
We would love to schedule either an in-person or a Skype mentor session with you if you’re wanting to learn from us! Fill out the form on our contact page for more info and availability!
Be the first to comment